PhotoDesign Lab Standard License
PhotoDesign Lab is a stock media licensing service. PhotoDesign Lab only accepts and licenses Content that meets our highest standards.
Your Rights in the Content
Content is protected by Italian and international copyright laws and treaties. PhotoDesign Lab and the artists who provide Content to PhotoDesign Lab (“Contributors”) own all rights, including the copyrights, in and to the Content. PhotoDesign Lab and its Contributors reserve all rights in and to the Content not expressly granted to you in this agreement. Your rights to use any Content are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement.
PhotoDesign Lab grants you a worldwide, non-exclusive, and non-transferable right in perpetuity to use, make derivative works incorporating, display, reproduce and distribute Content, subject to the exceptions and limitations set forth in this Paragraph 2 and Paragraph 3. The rights granted under this Paragraph are limited to ten (10) people employed by the same legal entity (“Users”) entering into this Agreement. If you intend to grant access to more than ten (10) Users, please contact our sales team at [email protected] to customize your Agreement. “Non-transferable” in this Agreement means that You may not sell, rent, load, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any standalone Content or the right to use such Content to a third party. The work you produce with the Content must be used for yourself, your direct employer, client, or customer, who must be the end user of your work.
Content may not be used for more than one client unless you purchase a separate license for each separate client.
A legal entity entering into this License may share Content internally by creating an image library, network configuration or similar arrangement; however, use of the Content is restricted to Users as set forth in paragraph 2.
If you create a derivative work based on or incorporating any Content, all rights in and to such Content will continue to be owned by PhotoDesign Lab or its Contributor(s), subject to your rights to use such Content under this Agreement.
Restrictions on Your Use of the Content
There are restrictions on your use of Content. If your intended use of Content requires rights restricted by this section, we encourage you to contact our sales team at [email protected].
You may not:
- Incorporate Content into merchandise or products for distribution and/or sale. Merchandise includes, by way of example but not limitation, t-shirts, mugs, posters, postcards, cellphone covers, computer skins, and other items, including so-called “print on demand” services. However, you may incorporate Content into printed publications, including but not limited to books, book covers, magazines and newspapers;
- Make Content available or use the Content in a digital format so that the Content can be reused by multiple third parties via templates or similar products;
- Use any Content together with pornographic, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or immoral content or in such a manner that it infringes upon any third party’s trademark or intellectual property rights;
- Use any Content in such a way as to imply that any model depicted in the Content personally uses or endorses a product or service, or endorses any political candidate or controversial opinion without a clear and conspicuous disclaimer that the person depicted in the Content is a model;
- Use any Content depicting any model in a way that implies that the depicted person suffers from any physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition, unless accompanied by a clear and conspicuous statement indicating that the person is a model and the Content is being used for illustrative purposes only;
- Falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Content was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder(s) of such Content;
- Use any Content (in whole or in part) as a trademark, service mark, logo, or other indication of origin, or as part thereof; or
- Use any Content marked “Editorial Use Only” for non-editorial purposes.
- Alter objects depicted in the Content. Objects can be removed but you may not alter colors, shape and size.
Credit Attributions and Copyright Notices
If you use Content in connection with a book, e-book, magazine, newspaper, or on the internet, you must give credit and provide a copyright attribution to the copyright holder and PhotoDesign Lab. Such credit and attribution must be in substantially the following form:
“Image or Footage (as applicable) Copyright Name of Artist / photodesignlab.com”
If you use Content in connection with a film, television broadcast, documentary or other video or multimedia presentation, you agree to use reasonable commercial efforts to accord the copyright holder and PhotoDesign Lab a credit as provided above if any other provider of images or footage is accorded credit in such work.
All credits must appear on the copyright page or in the copyright section of the work into which the Content is incorporated. If there is no copyright page or section, the credit may be located any place on the work. In all cases the credit must be of a size, color and prominence that is clearly and easily readable by the unaided eye.
PhotoDesign Lab may waive credit attributions and copyright notices on a case by case basis. If you have any questions regarding credit attributions and copyright notices, or would like to request that PhotoDesign Lab grant you a waiver of such requirements, please contact PhotoDesign Lab Customer Support at [email protected] No waiver of such requirements will be effective unless confirmed in an email or other writing from PhotoDesign Lab to you.
Payments, Invoices and Refunds
Your rights to use the Content are conditioned upon making timely payment to PhotoDesign Lab for all amounts due to PhotoDesign Lab. If you fail to make a payment to PhotoDesign Lab when due, if a check is dishonored, or if a credit card charge is refused or charged back, your account will be considered delinquent.
If your account becomes delinquent, your right to use any Content downloaded but not paid for will terminate unless all payments together with any interest accrued, and all costs incurred by PhotoDesign Lab to obtain payment from you, are received by PhotoDesign Lab no later than forty five (45) days from the date that PhotoDesign Lab sends you notice that your account has become delinquent.
What We Represent and Warrant to One Another
PhotoDesign Lab represents and warrants that:
- Unaltered Content which is downloaded and used in full compliance with this Agreement and applicable law will not infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, and such unaltered Content does not violate any third parties’ rights of privacy or publicity;
- Unaltered Content does not and will not: (i) violate any US law; (ii) be defamatory or libelous; or (iii) be pornographic or obscene
These representations and warranties do not apply to Content designated “Editorial Use Only”.
While PhotoDesign Lab makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of keywords and descriptions on its sites, PhotoDesign Lab makes no warranties and/or representations regarding such keywords or image descriptions.
You represent and warrant that if you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of an employer or other entity, you have the full right and authority to do so. In the event that you do not have such authority, you agree that you will be personally liable to PhotoDesign Lab for any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
What Happens If We Change Our Terms of Service
In order to best provide its services, PhotoDesign Lab reserves the right to modify these terms at any time and to notify you of material changes at the email address which you provided to PhotoDesign Lab. If you do not agree with the changes, do not download any Content after the effective date of such changes. By downloading Content after such changes are effected, you consent to the changes.
If you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or any other agreement with PhotoDesign Lab, PhotoDesign Lab has the right to terminate your account without further notice. PhotoDesign Lab is under no obligation to refund any fees paid by you in the event that your account is terminated by reason of any such breach.
PhotoDesign Lab does not warrant that the Content, the PhotoDesign Lab websites, or other materials, will meet your requirements or that use will be uninterrupted or error free. The entire risk as to the quality, performance and use of the foregoing is solely with you.
You understand that you should seek competent counsel before using Content in connection with any commercial endeavors.
The validity, interpretation and enforcement of this agreement, matters arising out of or related to this agreement or its making, performance or breach, and related matters shall be governed by the Italian laws (without reference to choice of law doctrine). The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to or otherwise affect this agreement.
Except as expressly contained herein, neither PhotoDesign Lab nor its officers, employees managers, members, shareholders, directors or suppliers will be liable for any damages, including actual, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising from the download or use of Content or the termination of your PhotoDesign Lab account.
February 28, 2017